Thursday, November 26, 2009

final blog.

I will write about my experience since I took up the English course this year at Universidad de Chile. I believe that a college english course for all careers is very important for the student´s development in different areas. Today´s professional world is highly competitive and it is always good to have knowledge about a second language, these will help us to expand our cultural field and our working surroundings.
In this essay I will try to express the strengths given by the English Language.

During the first semester of pre-intermediate course, I realized how important is to keep using a language, because I noticed that my skills were getting lost and through time is much harder to start over. According to my personal experience, after leaving school I spent a year without taking English classes, which showed me that my personal skills had decreased, nevertheless when I took the exam for the English program, I was surprised to be at level 3.

The experience I had at pre-intermediate level was a bit disappointing; I think the class schedule was not appropriate besides that the English classes were monotonous, and the students were not really interested in the class.
Unlike pre-intermediate level, intermediate level I took this semester proved to be much better. To have a different teacher at class was one of the reasons of the improvement, at least for me, classes were more fun and understandable, communication between students improved and there was no longer tension. Professor Lourdes Barria made a much structured class and created a mutual interest about learning from each other.

As a conclusion I can say that all fears that were at the beginning disappeared as the classes continue. The experience I had gave me the strengths to do a better final test and will renew my relationship with English language from now on.
Now as an introspective sight, I can say that in my campus, English is undervalued because we do not have enough supplies for the correct development of the class and I believe that professors and students as well should try to have a better interaction so classes could be more fun.
Universidad de Chile is giving us the chance to have good quality English classes and we should take it and make the best of it, because in the future, we may not have the opportunity to take up a free English course in such a well-known institution.

No comments:

Post a Comment